Hooray, fall is here, flannel flannel
I’m the last remaining founder from the original Dumm crew, and I believe it’s time to hand it over to a new crop of artists. Finding someone for the job hasn’t been easy though- most the comic makers I know already have their own thing going. So I’m having an open call for anyone who’d like to submit a comic for Dumm’s Thursday spot.
Before you submit, here’s some stuff you should consider:
- Ideally, you should have some comics made to show already. The backlog will help tremendously.
- The best thing about Dumm is it’s built in readership. If you’re looking for new eyes to see your work, Dumm is a great place to be.
- That being said, the Dumm readers have come to expect prompt updates, as the site promises new content every day. If you aren’t sure you can keep up with the weekly schedule, this site might not be for you. Again, an existing backlog is a wonderful thing.
- I am not only looking for super pro artists to take the Thursday spot. If you think your comic is entertaining and you have fun doing it, that’s the most important thing.
- I actually sorta kinda hate doing this. I didn’t want to have to pick just one person, because I feel terrible about that. If more than one person takes me up on this offer I will torture myself over who to pick, so if I don’t pick your comic, know that there was anguish involved and feel better for it.
If this sounds interesting to you, please send me some samples and whatever you’d like to tell me about yourself and your work! I’d love to get someone up and running on Dumm ASAP, but of course you’ll have time to prepare and learn how the site works and all that. Please don’t wait too long to submit!
Here is where you can send your stuff: skadicomics at gmail dot com
I don’t know what I want more, to be able to draw cabins like these, or live in a cabin like these.
Skadi Fanart! I’ve recently read a bunch of Katie Rice’s work, and while I never got around to watching Strip Search, I really like the light-heartedness in her drawings. Also, kind of the general dynamics in a lot of the work that came from Dumm. Here’s to you, Ms. Rice! Please keep making wonderful things!
Also, for you keen-eyed webcomic readers, a little callout to another perennial favorite, Oglaf, by Trudy Cooper! (NSFW)
Holy shit, this is rad. Thank you!!
I don’t get much time to draw for myself these days, so instead of going to bed last night I stayed up and had wine and drew poses from Sia’s Chandelier video. The video’s dancer is amazing. I wish I could have captured her energy better. Also I need to draw hands and feet more, I’m pretty rusty.
Hi there! Thanks for your question. I don’t have these down to an exact science, but there are just a few colours I tend to use for skin tones with different ratios for each. I’ve tried to break it down according to how I think about them - I’ll first figure out whether the person is cool or…
I want to go curl up in a hole, but I feel like it’s my responsibility to address some things first (some are more important that others):
- I work on Adventure Time, not Clarence.
- I’m a storyboard revisionist, not a storyboard artist.
- I did not personally act to get Skyler…
My celebrity Miis are celebrating…something.
Left to right: Corey Feldman (modern version), Howard Stern, Lena Dunham, Jeff Mangum, Tan Mom, Thulsa Doom, Jan Terri, Lorne Malvo, and Derek Savage (of Cool Cat fame).
Saw my friend Kate Lacour’s art being sent around Tumblr, but there’s no credit given to her. She’s amazing though, here is more of her art: http://katelacourart.tumblr.com/